Carers Advice

Are You a Carer?

CRISP Newsletter

Are you caring for someone who has a long-term health condition?

If so, please let us know. We may be able to give you important help and advice. It will be helpful for the doctor to know that you are a carer as it may affect your own health and treatment. Please complete our online Carers Registration Form below and give to one of the receptionists, who will pass this on to our Carers Lead, Simon Davey or Angela Deacon.                     

Please ask if you would like to talk to our Carers Lead.

Carers UK

They’re here to make sure that no matter how complicated your query or your experience, you don’t have to care alone.

Telephone: 020 7378 4999


Register a Carer

When you tell us that you are caring for someone we will place your details on our Carer’s Register so that practice staff are aware you are a carer. We will not share this knowledge with anyone else unless you tell us that we can. We may be able to offer you other services to help you care for your own health.

We will try to help you if your caring responsibilities mean that you have difficulties attending appointments.

If you are giving regular and substantial help to the person that you care for, you will be entitled to a Social Services Carers Assessment.  The Assessment gives you advice and information.

You and the person that you care for may be entitled to practical help and support. Contact the Social Services Department where the cared for person lives to ask for an assessment. This is a free service.

If the cared for person lives in Poole contact: 01202 633902 Social Services Help desk

If the cared for person lives in Bournemouth contact: 01202 454979 Care Direct

Free, local confidential advice for carers contact: Help and Care Carerslink 0845 4500 418

Benefits advice for Carers/ Cared for person:-

Aged 60+ telephone 0800 991234

Under 60 telephone 0800 055 6688