You may telephone for the results of tests on 01202 636400.
Please remember the following points:
- It is best to call after 2pm when the telephone lines and the receptionists are less busy dealing with appointment requests.
- Results will only be given to the specific patient to whom they apply. In the interest of confidentiality please be prepared to identify yourself. Please do not telephone for results for friends/relatives without prior arrangement (written consent may be required).
- You will need to know the specific test results that you require. Some tests take longer than others to process. If you have had several tests the receptionist will not necessarily know whether all the results are back unless you can identify them.
- Please do not expect the receptionists to have detailed medical knowledge. They are only instructed to tell you if your test is normal or satisfactory. If any test is abnormal or you require further discussion or interpretation then please refer to your doctor.
- Occasionally the Surgery may contact you by telephone or letter (e.g. with a prescription to treat a urinary tract infection). Therefore, please keep us up to date with your contact details.
Please remember that we do hundreds of tests on behalf of patients and we cannot contact patients to tell them of normal results. We will always endeavour to inform you of abnormal results, but contacting us to get your results is the best fail-safe means of ensuring that nothing is overlooked.